- Mount Meru, second highest mountain in Tanzania, located in the heart of Arusha National Park.
- Momella Lakes: seven shallow alkaline lakes.
- Ngurdoto Crater: swampy crater inhabited by large variety of animals.
- Stunning views of Mount Kilimanjaro on clear days.
- Beautiful volcanic scenery and rain forest.
- Giant fig tree forms arch across the road, large enough to drive a car through.
ARUSHA NATIONAL PARK
Arusha National Park is a small charming park, located in the northeast of Tanzania. It is near the city of Arusha and provides great views of the Mount Kilimanjaro. The park is a scenic and diverse park which offers a wide range of animal and plant species. And it also has a rich diversity of landscapes. From lakes, waterfalls and swamps to volcanos, mountains and tropical rainforest – the ideal reserve for all kind of animals.
The swamps, rainforest and lakes attract many beautiful birds including silvery-cheeked hornbill and thousands of pink-hued flamingos. This park is also the only place in northern Tanzania where you can easily spot the black-and-white colobus monkey.
Mount Meru is located within Arusha National Park. This dormant volcano is Tanzania’s second highest mountain at a height of 4,566 meters (14,990 feet). It is a beautiful, but challenging mountain to climb.
The panorama views from the summit over the steppes of the park, Mount Kilimanjaro and the Momella Lakes are spectacular. A day hike on Mount Meru gives you another perspektive and offers a nice change. We also organise climbs to the peak…
Canoeing on the lake or walking safari
One of the popular safari activities in Arusha national park is a canoe or walking safari with an armed ranger. The Momella lakes in the northeast for example offer a large variety of animals.
They are in an open landscape and are home to hippos and all kinds of birds. Countless bucks and buffalo can be seen near the lakes. A great change to enjoy wildlife up close, from a different perspective than sitting in a safari vehicle. Absolutely a memorable safari experience!
Arusha town is about 45 minutes away from Arusha National Park and Mount Kilimanjaro is about 50 km (31 miles) away
Animals to See
- More than 400 bird species including flamingos.
- Monkeys: black-and-white colobus monkey, vervet monkey, blue Monkey, baboons
- Walking safari
- Climbing Mount Meru
- Visit Coffee Plantation
- Cultural tour Arusha
- Lake Duluti walk
- Mountain bike tour (2, 3 or 5 hours)
- Visit local marketPrices on request.
- Horse Riding