3 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking
The 3 Day Rwanda Gorilla Safari is conducted exclusively for trekking the endangered Mountain Gorillas in the Volcanoes National Park in Rwanda and to visit Genocide museums in Kigali and homage to the more than 1, 000,000 people who lost their lives.
This safari is designed to suit the time constrained travelers who limit themselves to visiting only the Volcanoes National Park to track the Mountain Gorillas and depart. The Rwanda gorilla safari package includes a gorilla permit, transportation, meals and accommodation.
- The thrill of trekking Mountain Gorillas in their natural habitat and the humbling experience of coming face to face with them as they feed, play, rest and bond with their young
- Viewing the awesome scenic features of the volcanic mountains
- Listening to heartrending accounts of the astonishing genocide that occurred in Rwanda in the late 1990s.
Day 1: Travel to Volcanoes National Park
Start this Rwanda Gorilla Safari by travelling to Volcanoes National Park in northern Rwanda. You will check in at the Hotel booked for you in Ruhengeri near the park and have lunch. In the afternoon you’ll be taken for a scenic drive in the park for 2 – 3 hours to view the awesome volcanic landscapes after which you will retire to your Hotel for Dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Gorilla trekking in the Volcanoes National Park
Have an early breakfast and transfer to Volcanoes National Park headquarters for a briefing at 8:30am on the rules to be observed during Gorilla trekking. You will be allocated a Gorilla family to trek and guides to lead you to the Gorillas. The trekking will be a 2-5 hour exercise and upon sighting the Gorillas you will spend one hour with them.
You will thereafter drive to Kigali. Dinner and overnight will be at the Rwanda Gorilla Safari lodge reserved earlier.
Day 3: Visit to a Genocide memorial in Kigali and departure
After breakfast, the Rwanda Gorilla Safari party will visit the Genocide memorial site where thousands of people lost their lives during the genocide of the mid 1990s in Rwanda and be hambled by the told horrific stories of the Rwanda People during that horrific time.
Have lunch and later transfer to the airport for your departure flight.
End of the Rwanda Gorilla Safari
Alternative Gorilla Safari for your choice: 3 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking Safari
Requirements for this Safari:
- A Visa – you can apply for the visa online or very easily get one at the point of entry into the country (airport)
- Travel & Health insurance – This should be arranged by you in your home country before you travel.
- Physical fitness
- Gorilla trekking permit
- Accommodation as per the itinerary
- 4WD safari vehicle
- Bottled drinking water
- Gorilla trekking permit
- Services of an English Speaking Driver/guide.
- Guided nature walks
- Return airport transfers.
- Other drinks apart from bottled water
- Tips to local guides
- Telephone expenses
- Porter fees while trekking Gorillas
- Personal insurance