3 Day Gorilla Trekking Uganda Safari (Bwindi Gorilla Tracking)
This 3 Day Gorilla Trekking Uganda safari will take you to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, the home of Mountain Gorilla Trekking in Uganda.
This impenetrable forest is a home to more than half of the remaining Mountain Gorillas in the World today.
These gentle giants can only be found in Uganda, Rwanda and the rest in Congo (DRC). Apart from gorilla tracking, Bwindi forest is also ideal for Bird watching and other activities with over 350 species of birds available in the park, over 160 species of trees, over 120 Mammals, 27 frogs, 10 primate species, 220 butterflies,
This 3 day gorilla trek Uganda itinerary includes; Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable national park, other primate including the black and white Colobus, Red tailed monkeys, Baboons, Blue monkey and others.
Highlights and summary of the 3 days Gorilla tracking Bwindi safari
- Day 1: Travel from Kampala or our office in Wakiso to Bwindi Impenetrable National park for Gorilla Tracking
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking and other primate tracking including; black and white Colobus, Red tailed monkeys, Baboons, Blue monkey etc. and birding
- Day 3: Transfer back to Kampala/Entebbe
- Gorilla trekking best time to go in Uganda is usually in the dry seasons: December-January and June-August.
- The price of Gorilla trekking permit in Uganda is $600 upto June 2020, $700 from July 2020
- Bwindi is a home to over 350 Gorillas, 350 Bird species
- Other activities can be included such as Wildlife Game drives in Queen Elizabeth/Murchison falls/Lake Mburo, Lake Bunyonyi or Lake Mutanda tour, etc
This safari is suitable for all budgets. Whether you are on luxury or shoestring budget, you are assured meeting the Gorillas Uganda WIldlife Authority (UWA) provides more information about Bwindi Forest National Park.
Day 1: Meet and greet and journey to Bwindi impenetrable National park
Meet our company representative from your hotel/residence or at our office in Wakiso. This is your driver guide, very knowledgeable and has a great driving experience.
Make use of him by asking anything you want to know about the safari to Bwindi, Tracking, the encounter with the mountain Gorillas, Accommodation and any other information about Uganda and current affairs.
Checkout our 2 days gorilla trekking Bwindi Safari. This works if you are coming from Kigali Rwanda
2 days gorilla trekking Bwindi from Kigali
On the way, we will have a stopover at the Equator, stretch with an optional experimental movement of water (clockwise and anticlockwise) between the South and the Northern hemispheres.
We can also have a coffee/ tea cup and then proceed to Mbarara “the land of milk” for lunch, evidenced by the presence of the long horned cattle along way.
After lunch we continue, and rest at our lodge which is either close or in the Bwindi forest.
- Meet and greet
- Journey to bwindi forest for Gorilla trekking
- Check in the lodge
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking / Gorilla Tracking Day
We wake up for the highlight of our trip GORILLA TREKKING. After breakfast we assemble at the briefing point of the park offices, before being guided in to the forest by the park ranger guide.
You will also be escorted by the touring Police to protect you against any threat be it from forest Elephants, Buffaloes and wild Gorillas.
Meet the Gorillas
At meeting the gorillas, we have 1 hour with them before coming back out of the impenetrable forest with our life time Experience.
- Gorilla tracking
Day 3: End of the 3 day Gorilla Trekking Safari in Bwindi
After the morning breakfast, we checkout of the lodge leaving Bwindi forest and we embark on our route back to Kampala /Entebbe. We get a hot lunch stop in Mbarara and then drive through Lake Mburo National park.
On a lucky day we can spot Zebras and impalas. We can stop at Mpambire drum making village on Masaka road for Souvenirs then continue to our destination.
End of our 3 day Uganda Gorilla trekking safari in Bwindi
What you need on the 3 day Gorilla Trek Uganda safari in Bwindi
Just like Rwenzori Mountain trekking, gorilla trekking also requires these items when tracking the gorillas.
- Water: Gorilla trekking can be very tiresome and you need to refill your tank as the trek goes on. It is advisable to park a few water filtration tablets before you come for the trek.
- Boots: You will need good waterproof comfortable shoes. Sometimes it rains during the trek, so skid proof shoes can come in handy.
- Rain Jacket: You are advised to carry rain jacket because if rains very often in Bwindi Impenetrable forest
- Snack: You can carry a light snack to give you some energy during the walk in the forest
- Trouser and Shirts Bwindi forest is covered with thick undergrowth, therefore light trousers and long sleeved shirts are advised.
- Socks: You will have to tuck in the trousers into the socks to avoid insects crawling inside.
- Gloves: You will need Gardening gloves because you will be grabbing tree branches, leaves, name it, and some can be thorny.
- Camera: Carry a good camera (no flash ) to capture this lifetime experience
- Accommodation as per the itinerary
- 4WD safari vehicle with popup roof famous for off-the-beaten-track Big 5 Safaris
- Bottled drinking water
- Bwindi Gorilla trekking permit – $600 per person
- Services of an English Speaking Driver/guide.
- Community visit fees
- Pickup and Return airport transfers
- 0ther drinks
- Tips to local guides
- Telephone expenses
- Porter fees while trekking Gorillas
- Personal insurance